Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day , Anyone?

I can vividly remember my most unforgettable Valentine's Date, its with my husband. We went out on a date and was playful the whole night. A glass of ice cold ice tea tastes like an expensive wine. It was not an extravagant date. Not in a posh hotel or restaurant. No! No! But we had so much fun. As if the whole world stopped revolving and the only sound that can be heard is our laughter. He loves me so much then, and I love him too. Those were the days!

Today, I celebrated Valentine's Day, without him, without his love, he's with somebody else now. I miss him so much. How I miss those simple and lean times.

Fortunately, the goddess of love smiled at me and brighten my day. Somebody gave me a present. The most priceless gift I've ever received. It's a card with a short poem and a short message, that goes like this: (I love you with all of my heart. This love so true will not make us apart. You will be the only one. My one and only mom. Thank you and Sorry for all that I've done. Happy Valentine's my dear mom.) Dear Mama, Thank you for all the things you gave me, your love, care and all of the other things so special that I will really cherish everyday of my life. Thank you for all the things you've done though I'm not worthy. Sorry for all the things I've done so wrong. I promise you that I will try to change for the better. Ma, I love you very much. You're so special to me Happy Valentine's Day, I love you. It's from my daughter.

I feel so much better. Who says you need a lovelife to be able to celebrate Valentine's? This whole thing made my day. You see my daughter is not that expressive and oftentimes temperamental having experiencing hormonal changes of puberty. I was so surprised, so happy, happiness that emanates from the bottom of my heart. She loves me! The love that I needed so much this time. She loves me! The unconditional love that I long for. She filled me up and made me whole.

Yes! This may be the worst Valentine's I've experienced as a woman but this is the most unforgettable Valentine's Day ever because of Ate's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment