Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lesson I've Learned

I know it’s a little early to surmise the lesson I’ve learned in life. Still early, obviously I haven’t reached the peak or the end.

It is fair enough to say that life has been good to me. If given a chance to die and live all over again. I will definitely choose to live my life. You see not all people are given the chance to meet their soul mate, but I did. In this lifetime I’ve experienced living with my soul mate. Maybe, not for life but I had a glimpse of what is it like living with the one you truly are in rhythm with. We were in sync in many ways. Even on many instances where we felt like we were psychics, seeing the future actions, decisions and words in each others eyes. In computer language, we were compatible with each other.

But like everything else in this world, there is no permanent thing but change. Like a beautiful song, the music has ended. Like the song on top of the chart. We could only hear it until the clamor stops and the song will end up in the archive of most popular song of the era….and everything else will become history.

My soul mate and I were history.

I will not mourn for the lose anymore. I’ve lost a lot of water through intense, impulsive, spontaneous outburst that my tear ducts now complain of shortage. I will not be bitter anymore. So what if he’s already having a high time with his new beau. I don’t care… I’ve had my heyday. So why sulk.

Instead of brooding, I’ve reflected, and enumerated the lessons I've learned. Now I've come up with the lists of what to do:

1. To give importance where and whom importance is due.

2. To share quality time, just stop, touch the heart of your love ones, and enjoy the moment.

3. Never be too self-absorbed, remember that the planet doesn’t revolve on you alone.

4. If you need warmth, isn’t it fair enough to think that your partner needs the same warmth, being depressed isn't an excuse for being cold.

5. And in your most miserable moment and you're drowning at it, don’t! I repeat! Don’t seek comfort on another person rather let your partner have the benefit of sharing the moment with you. It's the best comfort you will get believe me.

My nanay often told me, that you’ll learn your lessons in life after the gloom. I’ve learned mine way too late. Come On! I was just being human and passive at that. I can always cry after it sank in, and be left with nothing but hope for the dawn.

The only consolation I had in life is that I’ve been given the chance to test my ground again, though I had practiced the best defense mechanism known to man (I had to or else I’ll end up in an insane asylum). I managed to use it successfully and have helped me a lot in coping with loses...... And I thought I was over it and was completely healed till I saw him again... I can't control the impulse of staring at his face while he sleeps quietly...I even gave him a peck on the cheek... can’t control the urge to be close and feel him again. And Oh! I’ve done the unforgivable, I fell all over again.......guess I have to start from scratch in lesson Forgetting 101.

Now, I know what I feared most. You see, I have had a very predictable life ever since we were together. I was on a panic mode when he slipped away, having been awaken from a deep coma of relaxation, I really don't know where and when to start all over again… that's what I feared most. Now fully awake and with an armor decked with lessons I’ve learned as a shield. (Hey! I've even thrown away my Forgetting 101 book). I am determined to get what I want most in life, I know I have to work very hard to regain it, but who says this will be easy. I've experienced glory and lost...there's no stopping me in recouping it. Dare to try?

10 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your articles.

    but I'm confused between the lines" you will not mourn for the loss" and the last paragraph of recouping again....for me recouping is trying to gain back what is lost, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. go girl! hanggang may will ka pa to fight on kasi pag lumipas na yan. I know you pababayaan mo na lang yan na mawala.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when I say "loss" I am pertaining to the person, what will I recoup? its the relationship, the love, the family. You see, I don't have anything to do with the kind of man that he is right now, "he" has nothing to do with my dreams. "He" is a diff person now and I don't know him. I'd rather have the old one and the kind of relationship I had with him. The "old one" who is my husband, lover, better half and best friend.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. iba na ngayon girl! saka wishful thinking lang yun pampalakas ng loob ko hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ate, rose po toh basa na me... your are a very good writer phoe.... lalo nah with feelings...no wonder ang lalim ng mga words. cant understand some pero i got it (sana yun nga yung nagets koh wah)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ibah po tlga pag deep inside nggaling.....ngugult nga po akoh minsan nkkgawa akoh ng quotes lalo na po pag galit akoh or nsasaktan....yeee...=p

    ReplyDelete
  7. minsan madami kang gustong sabihin/gawin at sabay sabay pero hindi mo naman posibleng sabihin at gawin ng sabay sabay. dito ko nabubuhos lahat ng totoong nararamdaman ko, takot, at hiling....wag mong intindihin ang lenguaheng ginamit ko iisa lang naman ang lenguaheng alam ng puso hindi ba?:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. tma heheheh, buti nlng teh kahit papano may mga familiar words pa sakin ngbabasa kasi me ng mga short stories or literary tapos kapatid koh nah nageexaplain yung mga words nah hindi maintindihan hehehhe... same po tayusa blog ko sinsabi laht po ng nrrmdaman ko deep inside....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ang ganda te ng blog mo. Sa ganitong paraan mailalabas mo ang iyong mga saloobin. Hinde mo man makwento sa iba dito man lang mabubuhos mo lahat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dito ako nakatira nun..dito rin ako umiiyak dahil ayokong makita ng lahat ang pain ko but that was a long time ago ngayon nakalimutan ko na yung pain, naibaon ko na yung anger...pinost lang ito ulit ng isang friend ko at nabasa ko ulit "ah pinagdaanan ko pala yun" i closed my eyes and thank the Lord for the lessons

      Delete